My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: Cooking at Easter at MICO - How to make a Kidney Egg Carrot Cheese Sandwich and Frozen Gum Bear Bag Juice

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Cooking at Easter at MICO - How to make a Kidney Egg Carrot Cheese Sandwich and Frozen Gum Bear Bag Juice

It’s now Easter Break at the MICO University College and I STILL have tons of homework to catch up on over the holidays.

MICO University College is basically closed, except for the Library to facilitate work during the almost two (2) week holiday, which lasts from Friday April 2nd 2015 to Monday April 13th 2015.

That means surviving on basic foods like Pepper Steak and Drinks mix with frozen Bag Juice as ice as described in my blog article entitled “Cooking Restart at MICO - How to Cook a Meal in under 30 minutes and make Drinks with Bag Juice” as I study for my Professional Diploma in Teaching.

To be honest, with the price of Chicken going up due to the H5N2 aka avian influenza outbreak in the US of A and Canada as explained in my blog article entitled “Ministry of Agriculture bans US, Canadian Chicken Products - Why H5N2 Avian Flu is Shadows of 2014 Chicken Shortage during Easter 2015”and Pepper Steak following suit, I’ve begun to switch to other types of meat as alternatives.

On such I’m trying during Easter is seasoned Kidneys. It’s rich in Iron and I’m hoping it’ll help with by B12 and Iron deficiencies, as I’ve been feeling restless of late. I’m also looking into eating more mangoes and carrots to boost my Vitamin A and especially Vitamin C.

Vitamin C boosts the Immune System and for me is especially important as part of my continued recovery from being infected with the Chikungunya Virus  as explained in my blog article entitled “Vitamin C and the Chikungunya Virus - How to increase your Vitamin C Intake, Glutathione and Interferon by White Blood Cells”.

To that end, I’ve been dabbleing with some alternative recipes that I hope will hit the spot. I hope you’ll like them too.

How to make a Kidney Egg Carrot Cheese Sandwich – Creative cuts in Brown Bread

Not that I have a non-Stick Pot, I’ve been doing experiments with some snack idea I’ve found online. One of them involves making a sandwich that’s the equivalent of a grilled cheese sandwich using bread but with a frying pan as shown below.



As the image above shows, you cut out a nice square in a slice of brown bread. Then you fry the bread (yes you can do that; it taste like butter!) in the non-stick pot. While doing that, drop an egg in the middle allowing it to fry as well.

Even before that’s done, you can add your favorite meat or toping aside from salami as I’m not a fan of Pork, no matter how easy it get to cook as noted in my blog article entitled “CPJ introduces Ready to Cook Pork – Why Jamaicans don’t like Pork solved by making Pork ready under 30 Minutes”.

In my case I pre-cook some kidney and baked beans and use it to slather that egg right and proper. Then add some gratered carrot and finally stuff the whole thing with some cheese spread, as I can’t afford Cheese slices (who buy that in Hi-Lo Supermarket anyway?).

The whole she-bang is then covered with that missing slice of bread and sealed shut with more cheese spread. Flip it to properly grill it and its really delicious fifteen (15) minute meal.

Ok, on to my next meal snack idea.

How to make Frozen Gum Bear Bag Juice pops – Great Gummy Berry Juice flavor the kids might like

Yes, the Kids might like this, but it might creep them out that they’re also munching on tiny Gummy Worms as they become unfrozen from their prison inside of the Bag Juice being used as Ice.

First though, you’ll have to whip up a batch of your own gummy bears as explained in my blog article entitled “How to make Glow-in-The-Dark Gummy Bears and Gummy Worms – No Artificial Sweetener or Animal Cartilage Required”, as I’m NOT eating dead animal cartilage!



You don’t need to have the fancy-schamcy ice-pop maker as show above. You can mix your drink and pour them into cleaned ice trays, adding the Gummy Worms to freeze within.

Alternately, you can be like me and simply slit open the tops of the bag juice and then slip the Gummy Worms inside.

Then reseal them with cellophane tape and a pair of plastic clothespins, making sure to prop them upright in the freezer. A little spillage of bag Juice might be necessary, as the Gummy Worms will displace some of the liquid (Eureka!) so make sure to just capture that for your drinks mix.

When frozen, snip them open and set them in the drinks. As they melt, the Gummy Worms will slither out into your drinks and actually make your drinks glow-in-the-dark as they swirl about in the darkness.

Just make sure that you have plenty on hand, as with the Schweppes in  the Gummy Worms, it also makes a great chaser for a bottle of homemade Sorrel wine as described in my blog article entitled “How to make Jamaican Sorrel Wine – JA$2500 for 5 1 Liter Bottles of Sorrel Wine goes well with Chocolate Christmas Cake”.

More exciting budget friend recipes as I sojourn through the MICO University College and Do it with Thy Might!



No comments: