My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: Cooking Restart at MICO - How to Cook a Meal in under 30 minutes and make Drinks with Bag Juice

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Cooking Restart at MICO - How to Cook a Meal in under 30 minutes and make Drinks with Bag Juice

The Second Semester of my Professional Diploma in Teaching at MICO University College has started in an anti-climactic way on Monday January 12th 2015.

First class was empty when I arrived at the YCM 10 Lecture Theatre at MICO University College, with not even the lecturer or any other of my group members showing up. I didn’t get the chance to come. This is rather inconveniencing, as I have not only registered and paid my fees and gotten my course list for the Semester, but I almost purchased notebooks anticipating a rough semester.

Still I’m not perturbed. I’ve got my blog to focus on, which is now growing at a rapid and steady pace, now topping some 1,000,000 visitors since December 2014.



That means more time to focus on Blogging and cooking in the evening when no lecturer arrives. Today, I’ll be sharing a bit of an obvious secret when it comes to the food that I eat; I don’t eat Chicken.

MICO Cooking restarted - Franks or Pepper Steak Cooked in Stew under 30 minutes

In fact, because of the hectic nature of what I do, I can’t really bother, as it takes too long to cook. For that reason I mostly cook Franks or Pepper Steak in my brand new non-Stick Pot.

Pepper steak only costs JA$200 to JA$300 based on the weight, about 500g whereas Grace Frankfurters come in at around JA$390 at Hi-Lo Supermarket. Takes under  eight (8) minutes, once you soak them in a good sauce as well as some meat seasoning! More on sauces in another article!

Then I do a quick vegetable stew. After those guys get fried in the non-stick pot, I then throw in some Nissin noodles along with some cabbage, pepper, Garlic and Ginger. Sometimes I might buy a Red Stripe or a Guinness to make a thicker, sweeter sauce, albeit you can use Bag juice to do that to add a hidden savouriness to your meat!

I make sure not to use the Satchet that comes with the Noodles, being as that’ll increase my risk of a heart attack as per my blog article entitled “Cooking gone wrong at MICO – Harvard Study links Instant Ramen Noodles to Metabolic Syndrome despite being So Delicious”.

Drinks from Bag Juice – Staying Hydrated despite the Heat and Water Lockoff

But it’s the drinks that I like making the most.

Thanks to that Chikungunya Virus, which I thankfully recovered from but is yet to infect 60% of the island as noted in my blog article entitled “Minister of Health comes clean on Chikungunya Virus Epidemic - 35 Official Cases as 60 percent possibly Infected and Medicines running low”, I’ve decided to keep drinking the Turbo Drinks Mix.

Turbo Drinks Mix only costs about JA$45 at the Hi-Lo Supermarket. I also purchase a bag of Bag Juice at Serge Island Dairies next door for only JA$90 per bag or JA$120 for the Fruit Juice Bag Juice; comes in packs of 10.



I then Freeze them as shown and when I need to makes drinks, I just add them to my drink as ice.

As they melt, they add a new colour and flavor, not to mention Vitamin C to the Drinks mix. Way better than just Water, as Water Restrictions are persisting into 2015! Best to stay healthy and hydrated as per my blog article entitled “How to find work in Jamaica at Call Centers - Drink Bottled Water as Dehydration and Salty Foods makes you lose concentration”.

More on my adventures at MICO University College as they occur!

No comments: