My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: How to change Blogger Blog Default Font and Font Size – Why Bun and Cheese is good for Bloggers

Friday, December 5, 2014

How to change Blogger Blog Default Font and Font Size – Why Bun and Cheese is good for Bloggers

I’ve been having problems with the default font of my blogger blog of late.

Today was just the last straw, as I intend to go Professional by 2017 as stated in my blog article entitled “Strategies to mitigate against Blogspot Shutdown – How to do a backup of your Blogger Blog in case Disaster Strikes as Maintenance is key” but this lack of control over all aspects of my blog’s appearance is frustrating to say the least.

So I put on my coding hat once more and dipped my hands into the innards of Blogger to look at the HTML. My intent was to change the default Font type and size of Blogger to “Times New Roman” and “12”in order to make the font appear larger.

I was successful so far, but I’ll have to do some off-axis tests by using the Browsers on the computers at MICO University College to make sure it’s fixed. Make sure before you proceed to edit your template that you make a backup copy as explained in my blog article entitled “Strategies to mitigate against Blogspot Shutdown – How to do a backup of your Blogger Blog in case Disaster Strikes as Maintenance is key”.



So folks, without further ado, Get some Bun and cheese and let’s get to this DIY (Do It Yourself) for blogger. Here’s how I did it.

How to change Blogger Blog Default Font and Font Size – Why Bun and Cheese is good for Bloggers

First I logged into Blogger as shown below.


Then I clicked on Template at the right to access my Blogger Template. This is basically going into the guts of Blogger. Make sure before you back up your Blogger template before making any modifications.


Click on the button that says Edit HTML. This will display your HTML code for your template. Backup at this point and get ready to make changes.


Point the mouse inside of the HTML field and click Ctrl-F on your keyboard to bring up a mini search window. In that mini-search Window type “font” and with the cursor in the mini search window press ENTER key.


It’ll search and find the section of code that say “font”, highlighted in yellow. This basically controls the default Font type and size for your Blogger Template.


Change where it says “12x” to “14x” and the first font listed i.e. “Arial” to “Times New Roman”. This’ll change the entire Blog from Arial as the first default font listed to Times New Roman, size 14, which appears as 12 on screen when I tested it multiple times on my computer.

You can click Preview Template in order to see what your blog will look like before you commit to the changes made.


Once changed, click the “Save Template” button and save the template. It’ll take awhile if you have a large blog, so be patient.

That’s it! You’ll now have a Times New Roman Font, size 12, on all of your blog pages. Best of all, if you wanna change it to any other fonts, they’re the same as listed in your Microsoft Word document; I just prefer Times New Roman Font, size 12 as my default as my readers like its visible readability.

Until Next time, eat your Bun and Cheese, even though Easter hasn’t come as yet and solve you Blogger problems. Ciao!


No comments: