My Thoughts on Technology and Jamaica: Why I love Coffee Houses in Kingston - Great place for Secret Business Meetings in Kingston and St. Andrew

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Why I love Coffee Houses in Kingston - Great place for Secret Business Meetings in Kingston and St. Andrew

Although I’m a love of Chocolate, I do indulge in Coffee from time to time as is evident from my blog article entitled “How to Make Glow-in-The-Dark Iced Coffee Chocolate Milk – How Coffee can be made healthy for Children”.

Despite the danger of overdosing on Caffeine, which prompted the US FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to act against this developing trend of ingesting raw caffeine as I’d reported in my blog article entitled “FDA to regulate Caffeine after Ohio Resident overdoses and dies - How Chocolate and Cocoa are healthier alternatives as No Caffeine High from Dark Chocolate”.

But purely by accident while scoping some of my favourite YouTube channels while doing my blog article on the JUTC SmarterCard entitled “JUTC SmarterCard Rollout and Fare Hike Postponed – Why I'll be boycotting JUTC Buses anyway as they're not trying to Save Money” I accidentally bumped into the Jamaica Observer’s YouTube channel.

The Jamaica Observer’s YouTube Channel – Coffee in the City

Despite my dislike for the Jamaica Observer’s style of Writing and Reporting, I like their YouTube Channel. I’m impressed by the fact that instead of trying to be like Television Jamaica in their format of News reporting as is the case on the Jamaica Gleaner YouTube Channel, they opted to go the route of an investigative journalist, covering stories that often aren’t in the Jamaica Observer main Tabloid Newspaper.

In other words, the Jamaica Observer’s YouTube channel is a completely different creature from the Jamaica Observer Newspaper, appearing at times to be basically a third party Video Website.  A recent video on Coffee houses was so interesting that I decided to do a blog not on Coffee’s history but on Coffee Houses in Kingston.

Here’s the Jamaica Observer video!


Here’s a list of them and their location which you of course can Google via Google Maps:

1.      24 Seven Cafe - Jamaica Pegasus
2.      Cafe Blue - 106 Hope Rd, Kingston, Sovereign Shopping Center
3.      Cannonball Coffee shop - 20-24 Barbados Ave, New Kingston
4.      Fromage - 8 Hillcrest Ave Kingston
5.      Regency Patisserie - Terra Nova all Suite Hotel
6.      Ritual Coffee House - Village Mall, Half Way Tree, Kingston
7.      Susie Bakery and Coffee Bar - Southdale Plaza Constant Spring Rd, Kingston

Coffee houses great for Meetings – Jamaica Observer, Chocolate houses in the City Next

To be honest, I’ve only had one meeting in a Coffee house and that’s the one at the Spanish Court Hotel. I am blissfully unaware of the fact that so many of them existed in Kingston. If I knew, I’d arrange to have more meetings in them more often, as they are a great place for Secret Business Meetings, many of which I used to do in Half-Way-Tree.

It’s also mighty convenient, especially 24 Seven Cafe at the Jamaica Pegasus, as it would mean I could have many secret meetings at any time of the day. So I’ve created a Facebook map of all the Coffee Houses in Kingston.

Hopefully, I’ll do another article, this time on Chocolate Houses in Kingston! Thus armed with my lucky charm, I’ll be doing exactly than in the next few months……


No comments: